Middle & High School PTSA
Welcome to the 2019 – 2020 school year!
The Pawling PTSA (Parent – Teacher – Student - Association) is excited to see a new year of involvement and support at the Middle & High Schools. We encourage parents, students, faculty and staff to join the PTSA via the link below.
What do we do?
- We support various assemblies and hospitality events at the MS/HS
- We host the High School Honor Roll Luncheon.
- We host Teacher Appreciation events at the Middle School and High School.
- We co-sponsor with the PTA the Fourth Grade Math Bridge to the Middle School.
- We sponsor the College Fair at the High School.
- We provide matching jackets to 8th graders for their Washington, D.C. trip.
- We provide three scholarships to graduating seniors.
- We offer teacher grants which the MS/HS teachers can apply for.
How do we do it?
- Our annual fundraisers are:
- BOUNCE! Fundraiser on November 7, 2019--check the Digital Backpack https://pawling-csd.echalksites.com/digital_backpack for details as the date gets closer!
- NEW! Usborne Books “Cards For A Cause” Greeting Card Sale (Fall 2019)
- Scholastic Book sale at Pawling Middle School
- Annual Clothing Drive (Date TBD for Spring 2020)
- Lifetouch Spring Portraits at Pawling Middle School
- Hannaford’s Helps campaign
- Clynk can recycling at Hannaford’s (we’ll have bags at Open Houses and PTSA meetings if you’d like some!)
- DeCicco’s Monthly Rebate Program - Put your original receipts in our bin by the exit at DeCicco’s in Brewster from September - June, and DeCicco’s will donate 1% back to us! It adds up!!
- Boxtops for Education: Please download the app https://www.boxtops4education.com and choose Pawling MS/HS PTSA as your recipient, then be sure to scan all your shopping receipts! It’s that easy!!
We ask for volunteers as the need arises. The best way to keep up with the PTSA is by following our Facebook Pawling PTSA page
- We invite you to become a member (link above), share your ideas, and/or volunteer your time! Your support is welcome in any form and we are very understanding of time commitments or financial constraints. Membership is $20.00 and entitles you to national discounts through NYSPTA (click here for more details).
We invite you to join us at any or all of our meetings. This year’s meetings are all on Wednesday evenings and will be held on:
- October 16th @ 6:30 HS Library
- No meeting in November and December
- January 15th @6:30 MS Library
- February 19th @ 6:30 HS Library
- March 18th @ 6:30 MS Library
- April 15th @ 6:30 MS Library
- May 20th @ 6:30 HS Library
- June 17th @ 6:30 MS Library
The Pawling Executive Committee 2019-2020
President - Trish Damore
VP - Melanie Middlebrook
Treasurer - Wendy Mondello
Corresponding Secretary - Missy Shay
Membership Chair - Beth Hand