Business Office Mission
The role of the Business Office is to provide financial support services to our educational program and to safeguard District assets. We are responsible for all the financial data and reporting for the District. We develop and monitor the budgeted expenses and revenues, administer payroll and benefits for both employees and retirees, and facilitate the bidding and purchasing of all the goods and services utilized throughout the District.
Our mission is to provide the most efficient and economical financial support service to our students, staff and community. Business Office departments include Payroll, Purchasing, Treasurer, Accounts Payable, Tax Collection, and Reception. Additional departments that report to the Assistant Superintendent for Finance are Transportation, Buildings and Grounds, and Food Services.
We invite you to contact the following office staff for assistance as needed:
Assistant Superintendent for Finance
Marianne (Mimi) Heslin
|Dawn Cupano||(845) 855-4606|
Freedom Of Information Requests
Please submit requests subject to the Freedom of Information Act to our records access officer, Marianne Heslin.
Requests may be sent via US Mail to:
Pawling Central School District
515 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
Requests may also be sent via email to:
- 2022-23 Budget Document with Line Item Detail and Supplemental Information
- Preparing for the 2022-2023 Budget - 1-24-2022
- 2022-2023 Instructional Budget Planning 2.16.22
- 2022-2023 Support Services Budget Planning 2.28.22
- 2022-2023 Superintendents Recommended Budget 3.14.22
- 2022-2023 Budget Detail 3.14.22
- Pawling CSD Budget Document 2021-2022
- Pawling CSD Budget Document 2020-2021
- Budget for printing 2019-2020 v2
- District Reserve 2018-2019
Audited Financial Statements
- 6.30.2022 Financial Statements
- 6.30.2022 Extraclassroom FS
- 6.30.2021 Financial Statements
- 6.30.2021 Extraclassroom FS
- 6.30.2020 Financial Statements
- 6.30.2020 Extraclassroom FS
- 6.30.2019 Financial Statements
- 6.30.2019 Extraclassroom FS
- 6.30.2018 Financial Statements
- 6.30.2018 Extraclassroom FS
- 6.30.2017 Financial Statements
- 6.30.2017 Extraclassroom FS
School Tax Information
Pawling Central School District Tax Collection
Dawn Cupano, School Tax Collector
In-person payments are not being accepted by M&T Bank. Only mail in payments are permitted and may be sent as indicated below:
Please mail payments to:
Pawling CSD c/o M&T Bank
PO Box 2486
Buffalo, NY 14240-2486
Overnight deliveries to:
Pawling CSD c/o M&T Bank
626 Commerce Drive
Amherst, NY 14228
DO NOT SEND ANY PAYMENTS TO M&T BANK AFTER NOVEMBER 5, 2022.
They will be returned to you.
DO NOT SEND PAYMENTS TO THE SCHOOL DISTRICT ADDRESS.
They will be returned to you.
ANY OTHER CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Pawling Central School District, ATTN: Dawn Cupano - Tax Collector, 515 Route 22, Pawling, NY 12564
Full Payments are due without penalty by September 30, 2022. Post office postmarks are acceptable as proof of payment date, postage meter postmarks are not. Full Payments with an additional 2% penalty included will be accepted from October 1, 2022 to November 5, 2022. All balances not received by November 5th are turned over to the County. The County will then bill you and an additional penalty will be added.
First Installment Payments are due by September 15, 2022.
Second Installment Payments will be billed and collected by the County at any time up to March 15, 2023. Please DO NOT send second installment payments to the school district, they will be returned.
- How Do I get a copy of my tax bill?
You may visit Info-Tax Online to print a copy of your tax bill or receipt. Choose pawling from the list of municipalities, then in the search box for taxpayer enter last name only, then click on search button.
- How do I get a copy of a paid receipt?
Receipts are mailed to homeowners who request one once payment is processed. If you need a copy of your receipt, please visit Info-Tax Online and follow the instructions above.
- What if my mortgage company pays my taxes?
You can still use Info-Tax Online to verify payment, however if your payment is not shown, you will need to direct your questions to your mortgage company or bank.
- How do I change the address where my bill is sent?
Please contact your local Assessors Office:
Beekman: (845) 724-3361 Dover: (845) 832-3188
East Fishkill: (845) 226-6353 Patterson: (845) 878-6500 Pawling: (845) 855-3244
- How do I enroll in the STAR program?
To enroll in STAR, you will need to visit the NYS Department of Taxation and Finance website at www.tax.ny.gov/star or you may call (518) 457-2036 between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM on weekdays.
6. When is the last day I can pay my school taxes?
- First Installment Payments must be postmarked no later than September 15th.*
- Full Payments without Penalty must be postmarked no later than September 30th.*
- Full Payments with a 2% Penalty must be postmarked no later than November 5th.*
* Only Post Office postmarks will be accepted, no postage meters.
- What do I do if I disagree with my assessment? Please visit the NYS Department of Tax and Finance at:
- How do I find out about and settle any back taxes I may owe?
You will need to contact the Commissioner of Finance as follows:
9. How do I change the escrow bank on my tax bill?
Please call Dutchess County Real Property Tax Office at (845) 486-2140.
10. When will I receive the STAR Reimbursement?
STAR credit checks will be mailed by NYS beginning in early September and will continue through the following weeks. Please visit www.tax.ny.gov for more information.
Other Financial Information
Student Accident Information
Fundraising and Charitable Donations
The New York State Education Department Office of Counsel have provided us with a Question and Answer page on their website to address concerns regarding the Solicitation of Charitable Donations from School Children.
Please take a moment to visit the link below. If you have any questions please contact the central office of your school or the business office.
Questions and Answers on Solicitation of Charitable Donations from School Children | Office of Counsel (nysed.gov)