Winter Athletic News
Record Breakers This Season
Girls 4x4: Julianne Hickey, Mackenzie Potanovic, Lauren Bellucci, Morgan McCarthy, 4:23.2
Girls 4x200: Morgan McCarthy, Sofia Carrozza, Alessia Cioffi, Julianne Hickey, 1:53.95
Boys Sprint Medley: Jack Hickey, Alex Petrus,o Dan Mygan, Noah Brightman, 3:43.6
Long Jump: Sofia Carrozza, 15-0.25
Boys 4x200: Jack Hickey, Alex Petruso, Dan Mygan, Dante Pena, 1:36.7
Shot Put: Will Mann, 38-11.25
Weight Throw, 38-04
High Jump, Jack Hickey, ties record, 5-8
Weight Throw. 25-1.25
Important Winter 2019-20 Dates
Winter Sport Start Dates:
Varsity and junior varsity start on November 12.
Modified winter sports start on December 2.
(**Check the Athletic Calendar for sport specific “Open Skill” sessions held throughout the year by PHS coaches as well as specific practices and start times for the official practices at PHS beginning in August. You are encouraged to sign up on the athletic calendar homepage to get instant notification and schedule changes for PCSD sports teams.)
Registration for all Pawling CSD Interscholastic sports will be done online (paper copies will no longer be used):
Go to: FamilyID.com to register after the open date. (Search Pawling) or use the link below:
(Registrations will be open for 2 weeks and then close to allow for physical clearances to be completed by the school nurses and athletic trainer.)
ANNUAL REQUIRED SPORTS PHYSICALS
Students may also have a physical administered by their family doctor, and a copy of these physicals must be sent in to the school nurse for final clearance each year.
Call the PHS athletic department if you have any questions. 845-855-4670.
Philosophy of Interscholastic Athletics
The interscholastic athletic program at Pawling Central Schools is an integral part of the educational program of the District. The benefits of a comprehensive athletic program provide not only member athletes, but all students, staff, parents and community members’ opportunities for school/community interaction, the development of an involved, active citizenry, building school pride and increased interest and involvement in all school activities.
The philosophy of the Pawling Central School District Athletic Department supports the development of students who are well rounded, productive and contributing members of our community and a democratic society in general.
The experiences gained through team competition in interscholastic athletics provide student/athletes learning opportunities that are complimentary to those learned in the classroom and yet are recognized as unique. These equally important lessons provide completeness to the development of the individual and the entire learning community that cannot be attained in the classroom alone. Students who choose to participate in interscholastic athletics are exposed to opportunities that further develop social, emotional and athletic skills. Student-Athletes at the interscholastic level are taught to dismiss the concept of entitlement and learn the value of earned play time. Furthermore, students develop a sense of team work, sportsmanship, self-discipline, dedication, hard work, and respect in addition to a lifestyle promoting physical health and wellness.
It is the goal of the Pawling Central School District Athletic Department to work in partnership with student-athletes, families, and the many community groups to experience quality, productive and enjoyable athletic opportunities.
Family ID Registration
Registration does not open until 30 days prior to the 1st official practice date for each season (fall, winter, spring):
Directions for On Line Registration:
You may use the information you submitted in previous seasons to save time with future registrations. Please use the following steps:
1) Click on the Current Season registration form on your school’s FamilyID Landing page: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/search?query=pawling
https://www.familyid.com/pages/home and search Pawling
2) Login using the email address and password you created last season
3) Choose the sport
4) Click on “Add Participant Below or Click to Select” and pick your child’s name
5) Update health and demographic information, if necessary
6) Sign-off on seasonal agreements
7) Save and Submit
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided by the Organization above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Sign Up/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Sign Up. (You must sign up to create an account before you can register your child) Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign Upfor your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select the agreement to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Sign Up.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continuebutton when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submitbutton. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
Pawling Central School District Interscholastic Athletic Sign-up forms for 2018-2019
Coaching Certification & License
Interested in Coaching/Volunteering for the Pawling Central School District Interscholastic Athletic Department?
Head and Neck and Brain Trauma
Please click on the links below to view two informational videos regarding concussions and other injuries associated with contact sports.
and click on "Launch in External Player" to view the Center for Disease Control video and learn more about risks associated with concussions and contact sports. (Please be patient, this video may take about 2-3 minutes to engage)
Football specific video regarding neck and head injuries: (Including tips on protecting yourself)
ATHLETIC PLACEMENT PROCESS
NCAA Eligibility Center: