Managing School Notifications
Pawling CSD uses the SchoolMessenger callout service to contact you about emergencies, school closings, and early dismissals, as well as to remind you about school activities and important dates. As we look to reduce the paper we send home, we will be increasingly using SchoolMessenger to email forms and pertinent school and district information.
SchoolMessenger has recently upgraded their system and it will now be even easier for parents and guardians to set their notification preferences and to add additional contact information to the system.
How do I sign up for the SchoolMessenger App?
* You must have a valid email address and it must be listed in SchoolTool. If you have a SchoolTool (Parent) Portal account, you will use your Parent Portal email address.
Go to https://go.schoolmessenger.com and click the SIGN UP Button on the top of the page, or Download the SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market.
Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
- After authenticating via your email, return to SchoolMessenger and sign in using your email and password.
- Once you've created your account, we'll automatically link the records associated with your email address.
- If you do not see all of your contacts click “Is someone still missing”.
4. On the next screen enter a phone number that your district has on file and select a verification method.
When you first sign in to the SchoolMessenger App you will receive the following prompt for any phones you have in the system.
You can then:
- View the records associated with your account - student, staff, and/or parent records.
- Review the last 30 days+’ worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information
To configure how you would like to receive notifications click the Preferences link in the dropdown menu at the upper right of your screen (if you do not see the Preferences link please log out and log back in again).
Is SchoolMessenger secure?
The sign-up process creates a secure link between the user and SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger operates with the latest encryption technology to protect access to stored information. SchoolMessenger is also a signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge, which requires us to adhere to 12 stringent data protection standards as a further assurance of our commitment to protecting your data.
What else do I need to know?
Device (Push) Notifications will trigger a badge or alert when you receive new communications from your school or district. You can choose to receive Device Notifications in addition to, or instead of, the phone calls, emails, and text messages you normally receive.
IMPORTANT – SMS text messages!
To receive text message you must check the Send Text button for each cell phone in the App. If you receive a message similar to the following:
“Please OPTIN to receive TXT alerts from PawlingCSD Rply OPTIN 2 register, STOP 2 OPTOUT www.schoolmessenger.com/txt Msg&Data Rates May Apply”
You must reply with “OPTIN” or “yes” to receive text messages from the district.
For more information be sure to visit the
SchoolMessenger App Help section.