Middle & High School PTSA
Welcome to the 2018 – 2019 school year!
The Pawling PTSA (Parent – Teacher – Student - Association) is excited to see a new year of involvement and support of the Middle & High Schools.
What do we do?
- We support assemblies and hospitality events such as Stone Soup at the Middle and High School.
- We host both the Middle School and High School Honor Roll Luncheons.
- We host Teacher Appreciation events at the Middle School and High School.
- We co-sponsor the Fourth Grade Math Bridge to the Middle School with the Pawling PTA.
- We sponsor the College Fair at the High School.
- We provide matching jackets to 8th graders for their Washington DC trip.
- We provide three scholarships to graduating seniors.
- We provide teacher grants for special student events and last minute items for their classrooms.
How do we do it?
- Our annual fundraisers are:
- PTSA Alternative fundraiser (for those who wish to make a financial donation in lieu of participating in traditional fundraisers). Click here to participate:
- Annual Fall Clothing Drive (tentative date Sunday 10/14/18)
- Fall Gertrude Hawk Chocolate Sale (to be delivered before the holidays)
- Scholastic Book sale at Pawling Middle School
- Spring Yankee Candle Sale (to be delivered before Mother’s Day)
- Clynk can recycling at Hannafords (we’ll have bags at Open Houses and PTSA meetings if you’d like some!)
- DeCiccos Monthly Rebate Program - Please put your receipts in our bin at DeCiccos from September - June to support the Pawling Middle School and High School!
- Hannaford’s Helps campaign
- Boxtops for Education (Collected at both schools and Pawling Public Library and prepared by the Pawling High School PRIDE class.)
- Lifetouch Spring Portraits at Pawling Middle School
- We ask for volunteers to help where they can. We understand that time is tight for all of us, but if you think you might be able to donate some time to help us manage our fundraisers or events, please let us know when you sign up to become a member. If you can’t become a member, we would still welcome your assistance…..please click here and select “Volunteer” Some of our tasks involve being at the school attending events, but some of our tasks can be done at home as well. At this time, this is the area where we are most in need !
We invite you to become a member and/or volunteer your time! Your support is welcome in any form and we are very understanding of time commitments or financial constraints. Membership is $20.00 and entitles you to national discounts through NYPTA (click here for more details).
Please click HERE to see how to get involved! You will have options to:
- Support the PTSA by becoming a member.
- Support the PTSA by participating in our alternative fundraiser (which includes membership).
- Support the PTSA by volunteering your time assisting at some of the events mentioned above.
We invite you to join us at any or all of our meetings. Yes, there are ONLY five all year! This year’s meetings will be held:
- October 10th 6:30 PM at the Middle School Library
- November 14th 6:30 PM at the High School Library
- January 9th 6:30 PM at the Middle School Library
- March 13th 6:30 PM at the High School Library
- June 12th 6:30 PM at the Middle School Library
The Pawling Executive Committee 2018-2019
Patricia Damore – President
Melanie Middlebrook – Vice President
Chris Clisby – Treasurer
Tina Valentine - Secretary
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s Open Houses on 9/13/18 at Pawling Middle School and/or 9/20/18 at Pawling High School.