Pawling Central School District Board of Education seeks community members for Audit Committee
The Pawling Central School District Board of Education is seeking one or two community members to serve on the Audit Committee to assist in fulfilling the mission of providing oversight of the internal and external audit functions of the District.
** NOTE: This committee is not involved in budget development nor discusses budget development issues **
Audit Committee Charter: Membership Composition & Requisite skills
The Audit Committee members collectively should possess the knowledge in accounting, auditing, financial reporting and school district finances needed to understand and evaluate the school district’s financial statements, internal controls, the external and internal audit activities. See Audit Charter for requirements.
Duties of Audit Committee:
The responsibilities of the Audit Committee will include the following:
- Provide recommendations regarding the appointment of the external auditor;
- Meet with the external auditor prior to commencement of the audit;
- Review and discuss with the external auditor any risk assessment;
- Receive and review the draft audited financial statements and draft management letter, and work directly with the external auditor to assist the Board of Education in interpreting the documents.
- Make a recommendation to the Board on the acceptance of the annual audited financial statements and audit report;
- Discuss and analyze every corrective action plan developed by the District in response to any audit and assist the Board in its implementation.
Meetings: Meets several times throughout the year. Meetings are open to the public with the exception of executive session.
To apply: Please indicate your interest by emailing your resume to Karen Burka at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 14, 2019